Networker

Re: [Networker] Client save to storage node

2003-02-02 19:27:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client save to storage node
From: George Scott <George.Scott AT ITS.MONASH.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:26:43 +1100
Roger,

> I need to be able to send client initiated saves to a
> storage node.  I also need to be able to send group
> control saves from the same client to the server.
> Both the server and SN share the same library.  The
> jobs will happen at different times.  The client side
> saves go to a separarte pool than the group control
> saves.

The intuitive way to do this would be to add both the server and SN to
the "storage nodes" list for the client, and then configure your two
pools so that each is only valid on the appropriate devices.

My feeling is that this will not work because "saves are directed to
the first storage node that has an enabled device and a functional
media daemon, nsrmmd".

You are going to have to resort to something tricky like having two
different clients (and client licences), the standard one for use by
your group control saves and the new one for use by your client
initiated saves with the "-c client-name" option.  You should then be
able to configure this new clients storage nodes separately.

Time for a quick experiment...

George.
--
George Scott           George.Scott AT its.monash DOT edu
Systems Programmer, IT Services, Monash University