Networker

Re: [Networker] Backups to Default pool, nothing configured for Default pool!

2003-01-31 18:45:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backups to Default pool, nothing configured for Default pool!
From: pt_work <kizzmit66 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:45:51 -0500
I had a different take on this then the other responses. Most of the cases
where I have seen this is because the index and/or bootstrap info doesn't
fit the criteria.  For instance, if you are running an "incremental" pool,
with the incremental level selected in the group, your data will go to that
pool.  However, the client file index is saved at a level 9. It would not
be eligible for this pool, and unless it fit one of your other pools, it
would look for something is the default pool.  The admin guides have this
exact scenario documented as well as suggestions for redirecting index and
bootstrap info plus how networker resolves pool conflicts.

Guess it really depends on what the "little bit of data" is that is going
to the default pool.  Find the pattern in that data.

pt