Networker

Re: [Networker] Forcing a full of a windows machine?

2003-01-31 16:52:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Forcing a full of a windows machine?
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:52:01 -0700
Robert L. Harris wrote:

I was hoping from the server to hit the one client without doing group
magic.  We had a problem recently where a box was double backing up
because someone put a client in a temp/test group and forgot it was
there.  A few weeks later that group got turned on and was backing up
that client along with it's normal schedule.

Doing the groups works but it'd be nice if I could issue a

save_client -c remote.client -s my.server -l1

Right now it's one machine but we're moving an office and it'll be 20+
machines before the move is over.

Do this:

savegrp -c client -l full -G group

That will from the server initate a full backup of the client you
specify.  The group argument that you give is the name of the group the
client is currently in.  (no config changes necessary)  If you have more
than one client in the same savegroup, you may use multiple instances of
-c client on the same command line.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects      Sandia National Laboratories
(505) 284-4915                          Mail Stop 0662