Networker

Re: [Networker] Backups to Default pool,nothing configured for Default pool!

2003-01-31 16:50:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backups to Default pool,nothing configured for Default pool!
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:59:16 -0500
I've seen this happen when NetWorker is confused with overlapping
criteria between pools. One other thing to check, Brian. This happened
to me very recently as I, too, experience the ever annoying request for
a default pool tape. We had three custom pools named: ATL, FUL and MAS.
The ATL pool had no groups selected, but it did have 'incr' and all
levels BUT 'full' and 'manual' selected. The FUL pool likewise had no
groups listed, but it did have levels 'full' and 'manual' selected. So
far so good. But, I then checked the MAS pool and guess what? It had no
groups selected and the level 'full' selected only. So, this creates a
problem because NetWorker gets confused. Here's what I did to fix it. I
simply created a dummy group named 'dummy' and selected this for the MAS
pool, changing nothing else. This fixed its little wagon since it now
knows to only use the MAS pool if the dummy group is running. In other
words, if a full is running it knwos to send it to the FUL pool so
there's no confusion.

George