Networker

[Networker] RE : [Networker] Too many open files error

2003-01-30 13:52:26
Subject: [Networker] RE : [Networker] Too many open files error
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:52:16 +0100
Dear Koen,

I also met same problems. Most of the time, it occurs during
unsollicited nsrck -F on CFI's.

I met the problem on Solaris 8 and the solution was to increase the amount of
opened files using an environmental variable before the nsrd start-up.

The problem is off course an unresolvable IP or hostname that loops and consume
sokets, resulting in lack of file descriptors and causing troubles.

Drop me a call on tomorrow, I will give you the exact variable name. For the
other, I will post it on tomorrow.

HTH and warm regards,

Thierry

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HPCI - Storage & Server Integration Practice
Tru64 Unix and Legato EBS Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *******    p      *******
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email :    thierry.faidherbe AT hp DOT com
                             Internet : http://www.hp.com/ <http://www.hp.com/>

MOBISTAR SA/NV

SYSTEM Team Charleroi, Mermoz 2 Phone : +32 (0)2  / 745.75.81
Avenue Jean Mermoz, 32          Fax :   +32 (0)2  / 745.89.56
6041 GOSSELIES                  Email : tfhaidhe AT mail.mobistar DOT be
BELGIUM                         Web :   http://www.mobistar.be/
<http://www.mobistar.be/>