Networker

Re: [Networker] Change of OS w.r.t Index

2003-01-29 10:04:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Change of OS w.r.t Index
From: Matts Nilsson <matts_nilsson AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:04:09 +0100
 Hi!
I agree with Stan. Just remember that if you use
compression on your NetWare servers, the server volume
you restore to must also use compression. Otherwise
the file will be restored, but un-readable.

// Matts

 --- Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> skrev: > On Wed,
29 Jan 2003 dbhasin AT HSS.HNS DOT COM wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running Legato Networker Server on Solaris
> Ver 5.1 and backing up
> > Novell Server ( say ABC ) on it, now I am planning
> to replace this
> > Novell Server with Windows NT, I will be creating
> the new NT server with
> > same name as Novell Server ( say ABC ) and even
> the name of the volumes
> > will also remain same as of novell ( say HOME1,
> HOME2 and so on ). But
> > my problem is data restoration, is there any way
> to recover the data
> > backed up on NOVELL on Windows NT. Do I need to do
> something with the
> > client indexes of NOVELL or something else. Please
> help.
>
> There's no way to restore files across different
> file system formats such
> as the ones that Windows and Novell maintain. You
> should probably keep the
> old Novell machine on your network and name it
> something else, then you
> can restore any old files to the old server, and
> than transfer them to the
> new Windows system via your favorite network file
> transfer protocol.
> Alternatively, if there's another Novell server on
> your network, you can
> authorize it to receive backups for the Novell
> server you plan to phase
> out, but you cannot restore Novell files to a
> Windows system.
>
> --
> Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff
> networker" command via email
> to listserv AT listmail.temple DOT edu or visit the list's
> Web site at
> http://listmail.temple.edu/archives/networker.html
> where you can

Gratis e-mail resten av livet på www.yahoo.se/mail