Networker

[Networker] Change of OS w.r.t Index

2003-01-28 23:50:05
Subject: [Networker] Change of OS w.r.t Index
From: dbhasin AT HSS.HNS DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:22:16 +0530
Hi,

I am running Legato Networker Server on Solaris Ver 5.1 and backing up Novell
Server ( say ABC ) on it, now I am planning to replace this Novell Server with
Windows NT, I will be creating the new NT server with same name as Novell Server
( say ABC ) and even the name of the volumes will also remain same as of novell
( say HOME1, HOME2 and so on ). But my problem is data restoration, is there any
way to recover the data backed up on NOVELL on Windows NT. Do I need to do
something with the client indexes of NOVELL or something else.
Please help.

Thanks
Deepak
Hughes Software Systems
Gurgaon.
India

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.