Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup times

2003-01-27 16:27:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup times
From: "Lewis, Terry {Info~Palo Alto}" <TERRY.LEWIS AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:27:01 -0800
Brad,

  How long is "too long?"  Yes, your backups may be
running too long.  Then again, they may not be.

  Part of your message must have been "lost in transit."
It never ultimately asked "the question" to be answered.
It also left many blanks in its description of your set-up,
information that would be useful in hazarding a guess
about your backup peformance.  Is the Sun E3500 a
Server, a Storage Node, or a Client?  How many other
backup clients are involved?  How much data is involved?
What sort of network connectivity is involved?  What kind
of performance are you seeing?  What kind of performance
do you and/or the backup manager expect?  The adage
"your mileage may vary" is a bona fide NetWorker reality.

Terry