Networker

[Networker] Backup times

2003-01-27 15:40:44
Subject: [Networker] Backup times
From: Brad Besonen <a01bab1 AT WPO.CSO.NIU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:30:19 -0600
Hi all:

I have been asked by our backup manager to post a questions about
backup times. She wants to know if our backups are running to long.

I realize everyone will have a different setup and hardware, but I
still need to ask the question.

We are running NetWorker on a Sun Enterprise 3500 that is connected to
a fiber hub (Emulex LH500) that is connected to four fibre channel-SCSI
bridges that are connected to four 9840 drives in a STK 9740 silo. That
is controlled via a coax cable connected to a Visara terminal
concentrator connected to our IBM mainframe running Library Station
4.0.

Ugly yes, but that's life.

Thanks