Networker

[Networker] Solstice Backup or Legato Networker

2003-01-25 20:50:17
Subject: [Networker] Solstice Backup or Legato Networker
From: "Christopher T. Beers" <ctbeers AT COE.SYR DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:50:11 -0500
All:

I will provide some background and wish to get some opinions on what others
have experienced.  I
work at a University and as benefit (to the financial people anyhow) Sun
provides Univerisities
very aggressive discounts on Networker, Networker enablers, and support on the
Networker product.
The downside to this Sun does not fix the product as regularly as Legato does.

Has anyone used Sun provided enablers and authorization codes to license the
product from the
Legato ftp site?  How has the support from Sun work after that?  Are you able
to purchase
additional enablers from Sun and enter them into the Legato version of the
product?  Can you apply
Legato patches to Solstice Backup product?

I am probably traveling in uncharted territory but I figured I would ask....

Regards,

Christopher T. Beers - UNIX Systems Engineer
Syracuse University - Computing and Media Services
250 Machinery Hall      Syracuse, NY 13244
(315) 443-4103 Office   (315) 443-1621 Fax