Networker

[Networker] I can't get manual saves to go to the right POOL

2003-01-23 20:51:04
Subject: [Networker] I can't get manual saves to go to the right POOL
From: "Thomas, Calvin" <calvin.thomas AT NACALOGISTICS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:50:58 -0800
I have never been able to make this work right, and now I'm asking for help.

If I run a backup from networker user on a NT4.0 storage node it insists on
trying to backup to a default tape.  I don't even use the default tape pool.
I have tried the following.
1. set the desired pool (Daily Rancho in my case) levels to include Manual.
No change
2. Verified that the normal backup from the server does backup to the Daily
Rancho pool.

If the group backup goes to Daily Rancho correctly, and I have set the Daily
Rancho pool to include manual backups, how come the manual backups still try
to go to the default tape pool?

Calvin Thomas
UNIX System Administrator
NACA Logistics