Networker

Re: [Networker] client connections question

2003-01-23 11:41:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] client connections question
From: Sean Beeg <sean.t.beeg AT VERIZON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:30:55 -0500
Ty,

A sales rep would say:
"Get as many client licenses as you have clients to lower your Total Cost
of Ownership"
A tech support rep would say:
"Well gee I'm not supposed to tell you this but you can fake out the
licensing (blah blah blah)."
A reseller would say:
"well you know Legato really has our hands tied with their licensing scheme
so you'll have to comply, but we can sell you another product, blah blah
blah".
And Bill gates would say:
"you'll need to buy microsoft access licenses for each device that connects
to this machine so I can continue to maintain my empire."

And I believe the right answer here is that:

you paid for 100 client access licenses. Legato enterprise comes with 9. So
you should get 109 licenses.  But also I believe that power edition tops
out at 64 streaming sessions(I could be wrong), so I'm not even sure if you
could backup 109 clients at the same time anyway.  Not only that I also
believe that you can define more than 109 clients but that you would not be
able to simultaneously service more than 109 clients.

Regards,

-Sean
Systems Engineer
Verizon

"Ty Young" <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>@LISTMAIL.TEMPLE.EDU> on 01/23/2003
10:59:21 AM

Please respond to "Legato NetWorker discussion"
       <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond to "Ty Young"
       <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>

Sent by:    "Legato NetWorker discussion" <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>