Networker

[Networker] client connections question

2003-01-23 10:59:07
Subject: [Networker] client connections question
From: Ty Young <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:59:21 -0500
I've searched through the archives and not found the answer, so here comes
another "client connections" question. :-)  I

I have consulted the 6.1.x Admin manual, contacted Legato Licensing, my
sales guy at Legato, and even opened a case with Support on this.  And
guess what?  Four entirely different answers.  Sheesh.

Question:  Does a 100-Client Connection license allow me to back up a
maximum of 100 clients (over and above the 9 that comes with Power Edition)
at a time?   Am I to assume that I could actually define many more than 109
clients without running into issues, so long as I configure NW to back up
less than or equal to the # of connections allowed by my Client Connection
enabler?   (I am being asked by Legato to "convert" my Enterprise Enablers
into regular enablers, so I need to get the right quantity of client
connections, hence my question.)

TIA
-ty