Networker

[Networker] index getting saved on default tape

2003-01-22 04:39:46
Subject: [Networker] index getting saved on default tape
From: satish patil <satishvpatil AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:39:44 -0800
Hello ,

We have 3 tape drives on windows networkr server ( ver
6.2 ).
1. Attached to networker server ( tape 0 4/8 GB - 4mm
)
2. Attatched to networker server ( tape 1 20/40 GB
DLT)
3. Remote storage node ( rd@client 35/70 GB)

When we take the backup on storage node it saves the
index and bootstrap on my local tape drive that is
tape0 as RD doesnot support index and bootstrap
writing on remote storage node. This is fine for me.

But when I am takeing backup of my novell client on
tape1 it also saves the index on my default tape drive
that is tape 0 which is always mounted. Is it correct
or some config problem is there.

Also we have one group name comman in which I have 3
clients including my default client that is server.
when I take the backup of the comman group it saves
the index on tape1 and not tape 0.

Is it related to some group startup issue like if
autostart enable or mannualy startup..

Waiting for Please reply.

Thanks
Satish