Networker

Re: [Networker] Dump Licenses?

2003-01-22 00:56:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Dump Licenses?
From: "pdeguise AT bigpond.net DOT au" <pdeguise AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:56:03 +1000
Robert,

> SERVER (UNIVERSAL) CLIENT LICENSES
>                      Available: 445
>                           Used: 275
>           Borrowed from Server: 0
>                      Remaining: 170
>              Connected Clients: ;
>

> Ok, why did it say I had more clients than licenses?

Are you getting the "too many clients" error in daemon.log / when you start
NetWorker?

If that's the case it's normal. I've noticed that since sometime in NetWorker
v6.x
NetWorker _always_ reports (or at least always if you have +10 clients) when it
starts
that there are too many clients connected.

My surmise has been that it does a license check of some sort before it checks
the
client connection licenses. Then once it checks the client connection licenses
it moves
on OK because there are sufficient licenses to cover it...

Cheers,

-Preston de Guise.

--
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those who