Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 not resetting the archive bit!!

2003-01-21 19:15:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 not resetting the archive bit!!
From: Chuck Davis <networker AT DMSS.ARMY DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:16:07 -0500
I went around on this one for a while myself.  I finally threw in the towel
and decided to set the NSR_AVOID_ARCHIVE parameter on the client.  The huge
incrementals stopped.  I have been doing this for about 1 year now with no
problem.  This makes sense to me.  Their logic does not.

This is using NT client 6.0.1, HP-UX server 6.1.2.

YMMV.

Chuck Davis
Army Medical Surveillance Activity
Walter Reed Army Medical Center