Networker

Re: [Networker] NT Cluster License issue

2003-01-21 03:59:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] NT Cluster License issue
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRONTEXACO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:59:29 -0000
I think it is the way that Legato enforce their license policy.

It seems that features are added to new releases and the licensing part
is not fully enforced (maybe so that people can get to see the benefits
of the new features before having to fully license it).

An example of this is the disk device. Currently, you can use as many as
you like without any limitation on size, etc. You can bet your shirt
that this will change in a future release.

In your case, it is possible that 6.1.2 enforces licensing differently
to 5.5.5

Not much of an explanation, I know, but that's my take on it.

Bob
:-)