Networker

Re: [Networker] TL891: tz89 or DLT7000? + Capacity problem (NW 6.* on NT)

2003-01-20 10:52:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] TL891: tz89 or DLT7000? + Capacity problem (NW 6.* on NT)
From: f_x <f_x AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:53:42 +0100
Hi Vito,

we are also using a TL891 with 2 DLT7000. If You want to recreate the
jukebox config, don´t forget to also delete the devices not only the
autochanger. In my opinion this is the Problem why You no choice to
select tz89. In jbconfig You type in \\.\Tape0, but if You don´t delete
the drives You can´t create new devices.

As far as I know the only difference between DLT7000 and tz89 is the
blocksize. The tz89 is a firmware modified DEC DLT7000.

Regarding the compression: Do not enable Software & Hardware
Compression. Software Compression is only needed if You have very low
bandwith on Your network. Softcompr. puts a very high load on Your
clients and eventually keeps Your drives from streaming!! We use only
Hardcompr. and we get around 60GB on our tapes. The backup data is a
good mix of everything so i think 60GB is ok. If You have only text
files or maybe empty Oracle tablespaces, You can get upto 300GB on one tape.

I hope it helps...
f_x