Networker

Re: [Networker] RPC error: Unable to send?

2003-01-19 19:05:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] RPC error: Unable to send?
From: George Scott <George.Scott AT ITS.MONASH.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:04:15 +1100
Gary,

> I'm working one remaining client with problems getting a complete backup. This
> is the error message in the group details:
>
>     save: RPC error: Unable to send
>
> THis is probably an easy lob, but can anyone refer me to the source of this
> problem? Thanks. -Gary

Is the error intermittent or hard?

A little while ago our DNS server was playing up.  This caused
NetWorker to give me a whole heap of these messages.

I believe that this message (along with with its friend "Unable to
receive") is from higher up the ISO stack than the hardware layer.  (In
other words, they are probably not caused by hardware problems.)

George.
--
George Scott           George.Scott AT its.monash DOT edu
Systems Programmer, IT Services, Monash University