Networker

Re: [Networker] Ports.

2003-01-14 17:26:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Ports.
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:35:09 -0500
I think there are certain things that run on certain ports, but I seem
to recall that it's necessary sometimes to increase the range of ports
for client connections if you start experiencing errors or backup
problems. Legato has always been rather mysterious about this. I don't
think they even have specific ports for the clients. It seems to me you
have to provide a range, and sometimes, as I said, you have to increase
and you can never guess how many NetWorker will need so you just have to
give it a bunch. One of the many things NetWorker could improve. They
really need to improve the security of the product, e.g. passwords.

George