Networker

[Networker] how to list out the last modified time of a backed up file, ie not the savetime.

2003-01-14 13:45:02
Subject: [Networker] how to list out the last modified time of a backed up file, ie not the savetime.
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:45:44 -0500
Hi, All

before backing up an Oracle database the DBA's run a cron job to shut
the database down
or put it in something called "archive log mode". either way this is
supposed to mean that
an "ls -l" command run at that point would show the same timestamp on
all the .dbf files.
if I take a backup of them in this state they are logically consistent
with each other and
constitute a good backup. I would like to have an easy way, easier than
the GUI that is to
say, to determine if this is really so. with nwrecover if I click on
"view file details" it shows
me the equivalent of the "ls -l" output with the timestamp I'm looking
for. I'd like to be able
to get the same information from the command line but it seems that
nsrinfo doesn't have
it. the timestamps it shows are all the "savetime" which seems to be
the time the backup
started, not the last modified time of the file at the time it was
backed up. can anybody
help me out with a way to get this info. what I'm really after here is
a script that will print
out for a specified list of files the savetime of the most recent
backup and the last
modification time of the files as it stood at the time of that backup?
in more general
terms, does this make sense what I'm trying to do here?
BTW I'm running Networker 6.0 on AIX 4.3.3.

TIA

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services