Networker

[Networker] Permission denied

2003-01-14 12:42:15
Subject: [Networker] Permission denied
From: Terrence Haupt <Terrence.Haupt AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:42:27 -0600
Ok folks...  I have a good one.

My environment

Sun E450 Legato server Running Solaris 8 and Networker 6.1.1 (with updated
nsrmmd binaries)

I have many clients and storage nodes 2 jukeboxes a STK 9740 and STK L700
all with DLT7000 drives.

The L700 has 6 of its drives shared using DDS

The shared nodes are 9 solaris 8 machines and 2 HPUX 11 machines. (all are
6.1.1 with updated binaries)

When labeling a tape I get the following error but the label completes
successfully...

Verifying label, error opening: Permission denied.

When I try to mount a tape manually i get the same error and the tape
ejects.

When legato try's to use the drive it gets the same error and then the
tape is stuck in the drive until i manually reach in and pull it out.  I
checked each drive on each storage node using mt -f status some of the
drives come back as  write protected or reserved. others do not...  i manually
went out and
tried to mt -f release each drive and still get these errors...  Has
anyone ran across this before?

Side notes.
In my st.conf i have set the no reserve bit I have not however set it in
the stdef.h (but that's used for building your own dev files right?)
I have also restarted networker on each of the affected storage nodes and
the server.

Terrence R. Haupt
UNIX Systems Administrator
Global Technology Solutions, Abbott Laboratories
Ph: 847-938-2375 Fax: 847-937-4160
Pager: 877-804-5379 (thaupt AT skytel DOT com)

terrence.haupt AT abbott DOT com