Networker

Re: [Networker] Benefits of Using the Change Journal

2003-01-13 09:08:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Benefits of Using the Change Journal
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:09:01 -0500
We haven't noticed the longer reboot time but will now look for it :)

We would like to use the change journal as there seems to be a benefit if
we don't have to transverse 100+Gb volumes/drives.

That said,  we have one system where the incremental backup following a
full backup is just as big as the full; this happens only when the
change journal is turned on.  We're suspecting a utility (Services for
Macintosh) because Microsoft and Legato has no explanation;  the change
journal technical support is limited.

Again, it seems like a good feature, we're trying to use it, but have had
mixed results.

Robert Maiello
Thomson
Medical Economics

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:23:04 +0100, VERHAEGHE Koen (BMB)
<Koen.VERHAEGHE AT PROXIMUS DOT NET> wrote:

>Actually, we have an open case with Legato. They deny that Networker is
>the cause that it takes hours to reboot after enabling the use of the
>Change Journal ...
>So now we have Legato and Microsoft talking to each other (and blaming
>each other).
>The case is open since beginning of October...
>
>Anyone else has an open case concerning this issue, because according to
>Legato we are the only company suffering this symptoms (as usual)?
>
>Regards,
>Koen

confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are
intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
>Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to,
>If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either
by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

website at http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.