Networker

Re: [Networker] how to list out defined groups?

2003-01-08 09:01:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to list out defined groups?
From: Philippe Michel <Philippe.Michel AT THALES-IS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:58:52 +0100
Jim Lane wrote:

> Hi, All
>
> I'm still plugging away at writing a daily status script to check what
> Networker's
> done as against what I wanted it to do. right now I have a hard coded
> list of
> groups in the script and it works fine for those groups. I'm wondering
> though
> is there a command line way to list out all the defined groups and,
> even better,
> how long it's been since they last ran? the kind of info I'm after is
> something
> like what shows up in the Group Control window on the GUI. I'd like to
> make my
> script robust over changes in the Networker configuration. this way I'd
> also be
> able to list out groups that didn't run during the previous 24 hours
> just in case
> they should have done.

You can use nsradmin to print what you are interested in from the NSR group
resource (man nsr_group for what is available).

The simplest query would be something like :

nsradmin -s $SERVER -i - <<EOF
show name;last start
print type: NSR group
EOF

"short" attributes are easy to parse ; long ones (the work list for instance)
are trickier.