Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjb's hogging memory

2003-01-07 04:52:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjb's hogging memory
From: Paul White <Paul.White AT ADIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 01:46:03 -0800
Hi Roy,

NetWorker 5.1 had a memory leak in nsrjb, but this was fixed. I also seem to
recall that HP-UX had a memory leak in some library that nsrjb relied on,
which could lead to huge nsrjb memory allocation. I came across this about 2
years ago now, so I think that Legato and HP had both fixed this issues, and
it would also not explain your problem on the Solaris storage node, but I
would strongly recommend that you add any HP-UX 11 core patches you are not
already running as it may be an Hp-UX lib issue. Also, see Terry's comments
about the SUN disk.

Sorry that's not much help, just my 2c.

Also, you may have a corrupted nsrjb.res, but its hard to tell with these
things.

Regards

Paul.