Networker

Re: [Networker] slow performance on some clients.

2003-01-07 04:28:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] slow performance on some clients.
From: Peter Marshall <peter.marshall AT NETSPEED.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:54:49 +1100
Jim,

George describes a situation that I have also encountered, and not just on
Solaris clients.  Auto-negotiation between backup clients and the Cisco
Catalyst etherswitch produces some very unhelpful configurations, and it is no
surprise that backup data transfer rates are so low when you finally discover
that the link has negotiated to run at half duplex!

We got around this "feature" by forcing the Cisco switch to set all links to
the Solaris and Windows NetWorker clients to Full Duplex/100 (all clients have
100 meg interfaces).

Regards,

Peter M.