Networker

Re: [Networker] slow performance on some clients.

2003-01-06 13:32:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] slow performance on some clients.
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:37:08 -0500
Are you by any chance using a Cisco switch? Suns have a problem
auto-negotiating with Cisco switches, possibly others, too, although I
am only speculating there. In our case, everytime I see this behavior,
it's because someone moved the machine to a port on the Cisco. If you
can hard code the port for full-duplex, this should fix it. Check to
ensure that that affected clientas are NOT operating at half-duplex.

George