Networker

[Networker] slow performance on some clients.

2003-01-06 13:07:35
Subject: [Networker] slow performance on some clients.
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:05:06 -0500
Hi, All

I have a strange situation going on that I'm wondering if anybody out
there
can help me with. I have 2 clients, both Solaris as it happens, that
are backing
up to my Networker 6.0 server very slowly. by slowly I mean at an
aggregate
rate of less than 100 KBytes/sec which seems to me at least an order
of
magnitude slower than it should be. the servers in question have 100MB

ethernet connections. when I test the connection using scp to transfer

large files I get about 600 KB/sec without tweaking anything.
I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed here because to me networks

are just those funny coloured wires that hook servers together. I
wonder if
anybody can suggest an approach to further investigating this. why
should Networker run so much slower than other facilities over the same

link?

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services