Networker

[Networker] Expirationdate on W2KCluster-Savesets too long

2003-01-06 11:52:27
Subject: [Networker] Expirationdate on W2KCluster-Savesets too long
From: Marco Esser <marco.esser.me AT BAYER-AG DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:50:05 -0500
Hello All,

I´m using NetWorker 6.1.2.Build.340 Network/15 on WindowsNT4.0.

Now we became a new W2K-Cluster to Backup. And I´ve some trouble with it:

The browse and retentionpolicy for the daily backups is set to 5 weeks. The
policy for weekly full is set to 5 weeks, too. The monthly fullbackups
should stay for 12 month and every quarter year we will make a backup with
a retentionpolicy of 3 years.

So far so good, but the policies will not work with this new cluster. Every
Saveset from the Cluster will get an Expirationdate which is 3 years from
now.

I´ve an extrapool for the indexes, so that this is not the source for the
problem.

I have no idea, where to start the search for the problem.
Can somebody help me out of that ?

marco