Networker

Re: [Networker] Transitioning to new server - different OS

2003-01-06 09:55:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Transitioning to new server - different OS
From: Matthew Bourne <mbourne2001 AT LYCOS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:53:17 -0500
Yes, I know, and this is what I told our tech support company and Legato.
Confusing, isn't it?  If you have no choice but to transfer from Solaris to
HP-UX then please, take it from me, you cannot transfer your media
database.  Your "res" file will recover OK (so client definitions, groups,
schedules, directives will be preserved) but to re-create the client
indexes and the media database you will have to use "scanner -i".  It took
us more than 6 months of backwarding & forwarding with our tech support
company (and Legato) to reach this understanding.
I wish I could give you some more encouraging information.
Regards,
Matthew