Networker

[Networker] Backing up TruCluster v5.1 with multiple cluster aliases

2003-01-04 14:47:52
Subject: [Networker] Backing up TruCluster v5.1 with multiple cluster aliases
From: Martin Andersson <martin.se.andersson AT TELIA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 20:37:43 +0100
Hi,

I have a TruCluster with an extra cluster alias, the problem I'm
experiencing is that when NetWorker starts a save of the cluster alias
the "save" process isn't started on the node actually running the
cluster service. This is a big problem for us since all of the data goes
through the memory channel and destroys I/O performance.

The cluster service is really simple, the only thing it does is that it
raises selection priority on the node running the service to 2 and
lowers it to 1 on all of the other members. It also relocates the
AdvFS(CFS) filedomain to the node running the service.

Is there any official documentation from Legato on how to setup backups
of a TruCluster?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me or atleast point me in
the right direction.

System info:
client: Tru64 5.1a PK1, TruCluster 5.1a PK1, Networker 6.1.1
server: Windows 2k Server, Networker 6.1.1

Cheers,
Martin Andersson
Swedish Defence Research Agency, FOI
Department of Information Technology