Networker

Re: [Networker] No address for SFCAPI:SfcIsFileProtected

2003-01-03 18:34:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] No address for SFCAPI:SfcIsFileProtected
From: "Kate C." <kcongdon AT MINDSPRING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:34:57 -0500
We've seen this same error on a Windows NT 4, SQL 7 client running
Networker 6.1.2. In our case the error crops up during flat file backups
not SQL backups.  The error started appearing after a client reboot on
December 25, 2002.

Our tech support vendor tells us that the error is an information only
error.  The Networker application on the Windows NT 4 client is looking
a .dll file that is associated with the System File Checker and/or Windows
File Protection on Windows 2000 clients.  There doesn't seem to be a Legato
fix for the problem.

The SQL restores for the client seem to be working fine.  A directed
recover of the flat files seems to be okay too.

Disclaimer:  Sorry to mislead anyone.  I don't work for Mindspring or
Earthlink.  I work for a conservative Southern U.S. bank that would prefer
I not use my work e-mail account for newsgroup and listserv posts.