Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Operations

2003-01-03 14:57:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Operations
From: pt_work <kizzmit66 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:57:51 -0500
Hi Bob,
First, I would suggest a  follow up with support. You should have at least
received a case number, so if you didn't, you need to call them up. They do
indeed have folks trained up on NetWorker Operations.

Not much to go on from your message. I have seen "NetWorker Down" on
storage nodes even when they are up. For me, I just ignore it but I
probably should open a case/bug. Yours sounds like it is a server as
oppossed to a storage node which would concern me more.  Couple of things
to try (maybe you have and you can just provide the answers)
Despite the message, can you still connect to the server using NetWorker
Opeations?
Have you looked at the agent log (bom_agent) on the "down server"
Compare and contrast (OS, NetWorker Versions) of "down server" with one
that is  working?
Are you using eval or perm license? Have enough connections (I know, this
one is a long shot as you should have a reg error instead).

Make sure you are not mixing and matching BOM code with NetWorker
Operations code. They changed a few things so they don't play together.

That's what I have off the top of my head, fill in some of the blanks above
and I'll try to help.

pt