Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO drive

2003-01-03 13:22:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO drive
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:22:10 -0600
>I'll try this again.  Is anyone using LTO drives and
>anyone happy?

Now this is a question I can answer.  We have HP Ultrium drives, both low
voltage and high voltage used in HP libraries.  There seems to be some
problems with the high voltage library with the frequency of drive
replacements.  I would estimate we have replaced four or five drives in
eighteen months on the HVDS although some of the issues may have been
related to patch levels and one of the host adapters on my Sun.

We are not experiencing any problems with the LVDS drives and we get better
throughput.  Overall we are very pleased with the technology.
David