Networker

[Networker] one-time client backup from server command line?

2003-01-03 10:02:24
Subject: [Networker] one-time client backup from server command line?
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:02:43 -0500
Hi, All

I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do something. I sometimes
have to run
backups of Networker clients outside the normal schedule, either for
testing
purposes or because the regularly scheduled backup failed. I've been
doing
this with a special purpose group that never auto-starts. I go into the
GUI, add
the client or clients to the special group, start it, then remove the
clients I just
added so they won't backup next time I repeat the exercise. this works
but is
a bit tedious and error prone. isn't there a way to just tell Networker
backup a specified client once right now?

TIA

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services