Networker

Re: [Networker] Back up of windows partition

2002-12-19 13:33:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Back up of windows partition
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:34:09 -0500
On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:00:19 -0800, Anu <vam AT ASTRO.CALTECH DOT EDU> wrote:

>We are using Networker 6.1.1 on Solaris 8 server. We are trying to back up
>windows partion mounted on linux side on one of our dual-os clients.
>Backup shows that it did backup the right amount of the data but we are
>not able to see that data from Unix or Windows side.
>
>On Unix : nwrecover does not show any files
>On Windows : Its gives error "Can not display files form Unix client"
>
>Any ideas?

So you have a VFAT partition mounted on Linux and you are trying to back it
up? Sorry to say this will not work. I believe that VFAT is not a supported
filesystem type for NetWorker on Linux and there is no way that you will be
able to recover data from backups done this way. You will need to boot the
machine up in Windows and back it up that way. You might try following this
up with Legato Support but last time I spoke to them about it it would not work.