Networker

[Networker] how to query how much data is being backed up from a client

2002-12-11 11:38:26
Subject: [Networker] how to query how much data is being backed up from a client
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:39:06 -0500
Hi, All

I'm doing a sort of review/audit of my Networker environment and one
thing I'd like to be able to get a handle on is how much data in total
is being backed up from each of my clients. I know I can open up the
"client indexes" window on the GUI, look at each filesystem individually
and tally it up but I hope there's an easier and quicker way. I can't
see anything from the man pages of either mminfo or nsrinfo that covers
what I'm after. the reason I want this info is to review my browse and
retention periods as against the capacity of my Networker servers and
tape libraries.

TIA

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant