Networker

Re: [Networker] Changing server names

2002-12-09 06:54:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Changing server names
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 06:55:12 -0500
You did of course read the technical bulletins on moving a server and moving
a client? (You are moving a client since the server is also a client). There
is vital information in those documents about how to do this that will have
saved you a lot of time.

You may be running into client ID problems (see TB138) or you may have a
problem with aliases on the client for the NetWorker server. The old server
name must be an alias for the new one. You will have needed to rename the
index for the server too. Have you done all this?

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:28:00 -0500, Simon Ward <ciosa1 AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT

wrote:

>Hi,
>I have changed my server name and now wish to rebuild the Legato
>environment.
>
>Steps so far...
>
>1. Install Legato 6.1.1 on new server
>2. Configure jukebox
>3. mmrecov to get res files
>4. Rename res file and start server
>
>This is where I came unstuck...I tried recovering the client indexes.
>
>I ran nsrck -L7 <client name> and got the following error
>

>neddy # nsrck -L7 bert
>nsrck: checking index for 'bert'
>nsrck: The file index for client 'bert' will

be recovered.