Networker

[Networker] Marking files for recovery on NetWare client

2002-12-08 22:53:48
Subject: [Networker] Marking files for recovery on NetWare client
From: Ryan Tassotti <LSS5 AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:51:37 +1000
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems ....

When on the NetWare client, and setting up a recover (ie. F3 -> Recover), it
takes a REALLY long time to mark a directory for recovery (ie. F2 -> Mark).

In my case, we are talking about marking a directory that has 120Gb of data
within it.  It is taking over 4 hours to mark the directory (actually I canned
it after 4 hours).  I have also heard of an instance where a mark took over 12
hours, and this was on a server with 4Gb memory.

I can see the amount of available memory decreasing steadily as the mark
process continues, but it never runs out or becomes low on memory.

I have tried this with the following configs:
NetWorker client 4.21
NetWare 5.0 and 5.1
Compaq Proliant 1850R and also DL380G2.

Of course I am able to do a save set recover, but this will recover EVERYTHING,
not just the dir I want.  However, setting up a save set recover does not have
the same delay as marking the individual root directory.

Thought I might ask the list before opening a case with Legato  :-)

Regards,
Ryan.

This mail has passed through an insecure network.
All enquires should be directed to the message author.