Networker

Re: [Networker] determining client OS from nsradmin ?

2002-12-05 14:13:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] determining client OS from nsradmin ?
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:13:36 -0800
On December 05, 2002 at 12:05, Ty Young wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied.   Unfortunately, under Solaris 8 running
> NetWorker 6.1.1 with an Enterprise Enabler key, the "client OS type" (as
> well as the other fields you mention below) aren't reported.   I can't
> think of any other idiosyncrasies in my environment.

Hi,

The client OS information is collected from the client via
nsrexecd.  So, you can determine that information by connecting
to each client directly.  For example, connect to nsrexecd on
a client and print the OS type as follows:

 % nsradmin -s client_hostname.domain -v1 -p390113
 NetWorker administration program.
 Use the "help" command for help, "visual" for full-screen mode.
 nsradmin> p OS
                   OS: NetBSD 1.6;

So, if you collect a list of client names from the server
you can see if nsrexecd is collecting the OS information
on the client at all.

HTH,

Byron