Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrexecd -s server

2002-12-03 08:40:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrexecd -s server
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:40:05 -0500
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:20:45 +0800, hanny <k0s5 AT YAHOO DOT COM> wrote:

>At 12/2/2002 12:25 PM, Davina Treiber wrote:
>>On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:45:47 +0100, Termfreak <networker2 AT FREENET DOT DE>
>>wrote:
>>
>> >does anyone know where i can automate (registry or variable) the nsexecd -s
>>server option on windows.
>> >When i write this in the servers file it doesn't work :(
>> >Wehn i start the nsrexecd with -s option it works fine :)
>>
>>The servers file is the correct and supported method, on Windows and now
>>also on Unix. It does work, it has worked for every client I have ever
>>setup. It is only read when the daemons/services are started though.
>

>I've seen that for unknown reason, the servers file doesn't work.
>Hardcoding the -s option is needed.

This is the wrong approach, this is basic functionality of NetWorker that
should work, and if it doesn't you should be raising support calls with
Legato. It might just be screwed up name resolution somewhere in the
environment, or it might be a bug that Legato needs to fix, and if they
don't know about it then it won't get fixed for the rest of us.

Also bear in mind that this will not work on Unix with NW 5.x, but it should
work on all Windows versions. I have never seen this not work and I have
worked on dozens of NetWorker sites.