Networker

[Networker] Summary: NT Backups barely start then stop

2002-11-26 11:29:08
Subject: [Networker] Summary: NT Backups barely start then stop
From: "David E. Nelson" <david.nelson AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:29:04 -0600
Hi All,

Since these were busy Lotus Notes boxes, OFM was literally killing the box.
At times, the temporary space that OFM was using would fill the available
space.  At worst, OFM would also blue screen the box.  www.stbernard.com has a
good white paper on how OFM _really_ works - I was certainly surprised.

Solution: We're currently evaling the Lotus Notes module and that seems to be
working quite well.  Note that the module only backs up Notes relevant data. It
does not backup the OS.  So, you'll need two clients definitions - one that
handles the Notes data and the other to backup the OS and skip any notes data.

Thanks to:

- "O'Brien, Pat" <pobrien AT mitidata DOT com> for some debugging hints

Regards,
        /\/elson