Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux and DB2

2002-11-26 07:53:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux and DB2
From: Dirk Verhoeff <dirk.verhoeff AT NL.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:52:20 +0100
Hi,
I just went through something similar with DB2 on W2K.
The db2 backup kept asking for the Full pool, which is default for full
backups, or such.

The manual says you have to set the db2 registry var ( yes, even on Unix )
DB2_VENDOR_INI to point to a file containing XBSA variables,
like this :
      db2set DB2_VENDOR_INI=/path/to/file/inifile

in inifile , you would put:

NSR_SERVER=your.server.com
NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=apool
NSR_LOG_VOLUME_POOL=bpool

etc.

The backup seemed to be ignoring this setting.

The manual states this setting is for all db2instances on the server, but
that's not true:
I checked and found the registry setting only in the area for another
DB2instance than the one I was trying to backup.
After I added the registry to the part for my db2instance, everything
started working.

Check the db2 registry settings with the db2set or db2set -all command.
If it's not in your instance, try and figure out how to put it there.(
probably connect specifically to the db2 instance before setting the
registry var.)

Hope this helps, it took me a couple of hours too, since I'm no w2k admin.

Best Regards,
Dirk Verhoeff
privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.
ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (including its group companies) shall not be liable for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in
this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that
the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.