Networker

Re: [Networker] Old backup server name won't go away

2002-11-21 17:32:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Old backup server name won't go away
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:20:50 +0200
Networker does reverse name lookup. If your primary hostname resolution
is NIS or DNS, probably it returns yyyyy.hilton.com for the specific
address.
You can either fix the NIS/DNS name resolution or change the default
nsswitch.conf so that host resolution will be first from your local
hosts file and if not found fail over to NIS/DNS.
HTH,
        Itzik