Networker

Re: [Networker] Storageworks MDR Configuration

2002-11-20 02:05:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storageworks MDR Configuration
From: Dony Pierre <Pierre.Dony AT NBB DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:05:12 +0100
Hi Brian,

No problem to define new zones with a production SAN. You can use the Brocade
Web tools and Zone admin to define new alias , new zones and include them in a
config. I always use port level zoning (hardware zoning). After defining your
new config, you have to save it in the switch memory with a cfgsave.

You have to define an alias for : port where a server HBA is connected (1);
                                  port where a tape is connected (2);
                   a zone with  : alias (1) and (2)
Include the zone in your config.

Regards.