Networker

[Networker] mmrecov completed

2002-11-14 09:11:08
Subject: [Networker] mmrecov completed
From: Lynsey Wyles <Lynsey_2_Wyles AT GSK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:11:11 -0500
I have successfully completed an mmrecov on my biggest backup server after
a media database corruption, few pitfulls, but it was a good learning curve
and experience which you don't get in any of the courses!

mmrecov did not run at all, I had to uninstall and reinstall
completely..start from scratch and then the mmrecov completed.

mmrecov took about 1 hour

recovering of client indexes took the time, but I ran mulitple nsrck -L7
commands, ensuring that each one was using a different tape at  any one
time.  bit of organisatio here! I have over 75 clients on this server.

backups are now backup and running.

I now have a hole in my backups, the mmrecov was taken from 04/11/02 and my
backups resumed last night 13/11/02 evening.  therefore I have a hole of
recoverable savesets, I now need to scan all used tapes between these dates
in.

Has any one had expereinces of scanning like this before.

Do I just scan the whole of each tape:

> scanner -m devicename

do I need the -i option??

thanks