Networker

Re: [Networker] strange behaviour of windows admin tool

2002-11-12 03:37:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] strange behaviour of windows admin tool
From: Swiss Toni <adrian_keachie AT SANDWICH.PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:27:07 -0500
>>*
Hi Networkers,
I have noticed a strange phenomenon when trying to administer our
Networker server running under Solaris from a Win2k machine:
I can connect to the server and I can see all the devices and clients
but the status monitor and the index and volume databses seem to be
invisible. This happens only in the Windows version of nwadmin, in the
older windamin that looks like the Unix gui I can monitor networker
operations but the index and volume db are unavailable as well.. From
the command line and the Unix Gui I can see eveything as it should be
(and backups and restores are working). Has anyone experienced anything
similar?
I'd be very grateful for any hints.

Kind regards from Duesseldorf

C. Drexler
>>*

Yes i have seen this too however i have also seen this connecting from Win
2000 nwadmin gui's to another win NT networker server. This server was
however in another country and i was connecting to it over the WAN.
In my experience when the WAN link is up and running and relatively
responsive i can see the volume database and indexes fine. If the WAN link
is a little slow then i will have trouble seeing the volume db and indexes.
My guess is that it has something to do with network connectivity between
your Win 2000 nwadmin session and the server itself.

Unix nwadmin is much better anyway :-)

Swiss