Networker

Re: [Networker] Help needed for problem related Mixed Drives and Barcodes

2002-11-07 15:30:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Help needed for problem related Mixed Drives and Barcodes
From: Shaun Ellis <sellis AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:29:53 -0800
Thierry,

This should work, although there are issues with mixed media when it comes
to restores. This doesn't mean you can't do them, just requires some extra
work. There is a technical bulletin on the Legato web site that explains
mixed media with Legato in more detail.

I would still recommend using AlphaStor, because then you do not have to
worry about issues such as this, or what happens in a restore situation.

Here are the URL's for the bulletins. Whilst the 1st does describe
SmartMedia, it is largely also true for AlphaStor

http://www.legato.com/resources/bulletins/403.html
http://www.legato.com/resources/bulletins/371.html

regards

Shaun Ellis