Networker

[Networker] Asking for advices for a Simulation of a loss of NW resources and Indexes (/nsr)

2002-11-06 10:10:21
Subject: [Networker] Asking for advices for a Simulation of a loss of NW resources and Indexes (/nsr)
From: "Dukhan, Meir" <Mdukhan AT NDSISRAEL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:10:12 +0200
Hi All,

I would like to check my Networker server recovery procedure, only the
bootstrap
and the indexes. How can I do that with another server (different name) ?

Say that the different server to which I want recover resources (/nsr/res)
and
indexes (/nsr/indexes) is named 'simulate', and my actual server is named
'backsrv'.

I think there are some key points:
        1. The fact that the 'simulate' computer is not connected to a tape
of any kind,
        2. A different name server ('simulate' instead of 'backsrv'),

For 1., I think that I can use the Staging feature of Networker and run a
savegroup that will only save the bootstrap and Indexes on a the "staged
device"
(which will be a file or directory).

For 2., Say that at some point I could disconnect the 'simulate' computer
from
the network so that I could give it the same name as the original backup
server ('backsrv').

Am I missing something ?

-- Meir