Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging in Networker?

2002-11-06 04:19:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging in Networker?
From: George Lavrov <glavrov AT MAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 01:19:22 -0800
You are absolutely correct, Terry. Personally I have been using and
implementing for others staging and file type devices for over two years
now, including NetWorker 6.1.1. It works well for slow WAN backups, as well
as in citations where speed of recovery is crucial.

All is needed is to create a directory(ies) and specify default capacity
size. It can be any size you like and any number of them (but no more then
your license allows, each one will be treated as a single device) and they
can be located on the same logical drive, as long as a actual directory(ies)
created (/backup/001 etc.). You can not change the size of the file device
in NetWorker once it was created, without deleting it from a list of devices
first. But it is easy enough to delete it and recreate with a required size
which does not have to be the size of partition.

Cheers,
George Lavrov, MCSE, LCNA